Miri Piri Academy
Day & Boarding School
In Amritsar, the Heart of Punjab
Open to grades 5 to 12, our school comprises both local and international students. Our teachings are grounded in Sikh principles and incorporate Kundalini Yoga into our academic curriculum which follows the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), UK system.
“Miri Piri Academy is unlike any educational institution on earth. Located in Amritsar, near the Golden Temple, and combining the practices of Kundalini yoga, Sikh dharma and expeditionary learning, MPA provides students the opportunity to grow in body, mind and spirit. The program is balanced to include a diverse range of activities so that students can expand their creativity, physical strength, academic skill, spiritual knowledge, confidence and relational understanding. It is our endeavor at MPA to create an environment that encourages personal growth through shared practices and a dharmic lifestyle.”
Body, Mind, Spirit
An education at MPA is synonymous with meditating and self-reflecting, working hard, and sharing with others. We believe that meaningful learning is a transformative process that includes the whole person. Our students are ready to take on the challenges of life as they learn to walk on the path of “live like a saint, act like a soldier.”
- We offer a Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), UK curriculum taught through learning expeditions, projects and traditional teaching methods.
- All students are expected to achieve a minimum of 5 IGCSE and 3 A Level subjects to enable them to obtain a place at a college/university of their choice.
- English language immersion classes are provided for those new to the English language.
- Our students are immersed in term-long learning expeditions that explore, in depth, the world around them.
- Expeditions are interdisciplinary, exploring issues from multiple angles and perspectives, leading to deep learning experiences.
- Throughout time at MPA, students participate in our spiritual program that includes Humanology (healthy lifestyle), Kundalini yoga and meditation, fundamentals of Sikh Dharma, Seva and Gurbani Kirtan.
- Our students are trained to be Kundalini Yoga teachers and receive a certificate from Kundalini Yoga Research Institute (KRI), USA when they graduate from MPA.
- Our program also includes several 40-day intensives and the most special being our 40-day Golden Temple Seva practice.
- The MPA program is designed to teach students about the various aspects of health and fitness.
- Throughout their time at MPA, students learn the fundamentals of healthy living and lifestyle, including food and nutrition, physical fitness, lifestyles and life cycles, mind-body connections and so much more.
- One of the highlights of our physical education curriculum is the inclusion of traditional Sikh martial arts, Gatka.
- Students also get the opportunity to participate in a diverse array of sports such as soccer, basketball, and kabaddi.
- Our residential program offers students a transformative experience, fostering personal growth, lifelong friendships, and essential life skills.
- With engaging activities, cultural experiences, academic support, and personal development opportunities, we prepare students for success in all aspects of their lives.
- Residential life provides both dedicated time for students to use electronics and communications devices, as well as dedicated time without them to focus on experiencing the natural world around us.
- Through our ‘Squad’ program that all residential students participate in, students learn about keeping good hygiene (personal and in the spaces we live in), building and maintaining healthy relationships, and get to discover local history and festivals.