Table of Contents
We were honored to share one last special occasion with the Class of 2010. Each came to Miri Piri Academy for their own reasons, and each graduated with a much better understanding of themselves. In the words of Guru Amrit Hari Kaur Khalsa, this years recipient of our annual Siri Singh Sahib Award for Excellence:
The Event in Pictures
Captured by one of our alumni, Guru Surya Kaur Khalsa, a professional photographer whose work can be viewed at www.khalsaphoto.com, the event was a joyful celebration for everyone who has invested their hearts and minds into the growth of these 13 beautiful and talented human beings.
What is on the horizon for the Class of 2010? That is mostly unknown. They received acceptance letters to the following schools:
- Connecticut College
- Wheaton College
- University of Vermont
- College of Santa Fe
- Wooster College
- Columbia College
- Hamline University
- Deree American College, Athens
- Lanisivi College
- University at Buffalo
- Niagara University
- Cornell College
- Northeastern University
- Ohio Wesleyan University
- Fordham University
Devdharm Singh, Prabhujot Kaur and Guru Har Narayan Singh were also honored with Dean Scholarships from their schools of choice.
Some will go straight to school, and others will take a year off to travel, get their feet on the ground, spend some time at home with their families, and even return to MPA as a Sevadar to be there for the younger students. Wherever they go we will be eagerly awaiting news of their successes and hoping that they will return to visit us and share their experiences with the next generation. Jugat Guru Singh Khalsa, School Principal, said it this way:
What’s Happening at MPA
- Our annual fundraising drive to support the MPA Financial Aid fund got off to a great start at Summer Solstice this year. Thanks to the hard work of Arjan Kaur Khalsa, one of our newest parents, the Silent Auction was a great success and more than $10,000 was raised to support all the students who need financial assistance. If you haven’t yet signed up, we encourage you to sign up for monthly donations of any level. Every dollar is a valuable support to all of the beautiful children who want to grow in consciousness and spirit. Their education isn’t possible without your generous support! You may also consider contacting Saraswati at [email protected] for help organizing a fundraising drive in your community.
- Our first group of 10th and 12th grade students completed the Cambridge IGCSE and A-Level exams and are waiting eagerly for their scores to be released on August 12th, 2010.
- Parents and staff met at solstice to talk and share stories, ideas and solutions. One of our favorite ideas that emerged was to share a group meditation that can be done by all the parents and friends of Miri Piri Academy to lend our positive energy and projection to the growth of the students and the school. Look for a special meditation that you can do to support Miri Piri Academy in an upcoming newsletter!
- Enrollment for the 2010-2011 school year is still open! Please start your application today! Financial Aid applications for new students are also being accepted. If you have any questions please contact Pooja Vohra at [email protected].
- We invite you to subscribe to the newsfeed of our official MPA Blog so you can stay in touch with what the children are doing!
Highlights from the Blog
Seva Singh and Kaur Khalsa have been sending their son to Miri Piri Academy since he was nine years. old. In this video taken at the 3HO Summer Solstice Celebration in 2010 they explain why they made their decision and what it has done for their son.
Our esteemed alumni Guru Surya Kaur Khalsa, a professional photographer, took more than 500 pictures at the recent graduation ceremony. Here is a selection. Click on the photo below to view them here, and even order prints online. To see more of Guru Surya’s work, go to her website at www.khalsaphoto.com. 2010 MPA Graduation